CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dead egg-heads, or Priyanka's Art Project for this year's Dia de los Muertos


What you may not know about me is that I'm a closet crafter (less Myers-Briggs, more xacto knives and gorilla glue).

As a kid, I revelled in making Plasticine figures, random collages and dolls out of shells, petals, sticks & bits of rag. Stopped when I hit my teens because muddling about making tiny things gave way to writing, and I began to believe it was what the grown-up me preferred doing.

It took me a little over a decade to realize that I've been missing out on loads of fun all these years. So here, presented for your pleasure, are the egg-shell calaveras I've been working on for this year's dia de los muertos.




I'll keep making calaveras as long as we plan on eating omelettes, quiches and sunny-sides all the way up to Halloween. Got any ideas? I'm thinking of personalizing a few-- For instance, the last black and white one is made for Sharanya, as a love and good health protection skull.

This was also the first time I've ever tried putting a watermark on an image, so um... forgive the lame text. PicMarkr's an easy, free watermarking tool so I have to give them props.

[Pulls a broom and a foam cactus out of the Whose Line Is It Anyway prop box]

Be well, beautiful.

1 comments:

Banno said...

They are beautiful. I didn't know they were called calaveras.